Winchcombe Cotswolds Walking Festival 2017
We are proud to publish our
2017 Walking Festival programme
After months of planning the walking festival is back
Don’t delay and book today
Welcome to our eighth Walking Festival, held over three days in a delightful area of the Cotswolds. Winchcombe, often referred to as the walking capital of the Cotswolds is a Saxon market town surrounded by an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
We have twenty-three varied walks planned for people of all abilities with some walks based upon a particular topic, plus we have some evening events. Apart from the self-guided Winchcombe Way Challenge, all our walks are guided by experienced and knowledgeable local volunteers and offer a great choice. Walks vary from 3 to 14 miles, with half-day and full-day walks.
The walking festival is very popular and we suggest you book early to ensure you get your first choice. So do not delay and book today as numbers on each walk are limited. Some walks involve transport and where this is indicated , the cost of travel is included.
Confirmation of your booking will be sent via email within a few days (where applicable).
Payment can be made by internet banking to:
Winchcombe Walkers are Welcome
Sort code: 30-91-87 Account: 00218844 Please quote your name
- Further festival information will be sent out to those who have booked nearer the time of the festival.
- Most walks start at the festival base at Abbey Fields Community Centre, Back Lane, Winchcombe, GL54 5QH.
- Walks 11, 19, 23 and 24 start elsewhere. Please refer to the festival information sheet for precise instructions.
Alternatively, payment can be made by cheque payable to ‘Winchcombe Walkers are Welcome‘.
Send your cheque and booking form to Walking Festival, 31 Greet Road, Winchcombe, Glos. GL54 5JT
If you require accommodation in or around Winchcombe please visit our accommodation pages View ‘Places to Stay’ >
Summarised terms and conditions – for full terms and conditions click here
- The walk leader is in complete charge of the walk
- Routes/events may be changed & distances are approximate
- Substitutes may be offered for under-supported walks
- Under-18s must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds at the discretion of the festival organisers
- Please arrive at the meeting point a minimum of 15 minutes before the advertised start times. Walks will commence at the given time, whether all participants have arrived or not.
- Finishing times shown are approximate and may vary.
Health and Safety
- It is the responsibility of all walkers to ensure that they are physically fit enough to take part in the walks that they have selected, and that they wear appropriate clothing and equipment.
- We are sorry but dogs are not allowed.
Grade of walk
- Easy – Mostly level terrain, suitable for most walkers.
- Moderate – Some short steep gradients or rough terrain.
- Strenuous – Requires fitness and stamina, includes several steep gradients, rough terrain and a good distance covered.